Code of Conduct
Before Leaving Home
- Follow relevant guidance provided by the World Health Organization (WHO), CDC, or your local health authority.
- Adhere to government issued travel restrictions and guidance issued by the region you will be travelling to and the region you are travelling from.
- Evaluate your own health and that of people you are in close contact with; contact the meeting/event organizers if you have concerns.
- Do not attend the Event if you have experienced any of the following symptoms in the 14 days leading up to the Event: fever, sore throat, symptoms of acute respiratory illness, flu-like symptoms, loss of taste or smell, chills, fatigue, difficulty breathing or dry cough.
On-site, During the Event
- If at any time during the Event you begin experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 or discover you have been exposed to COVID-19, you should immediately discontinue further participation in the Event.
- Follow guidance from the local health authority where the event is being held for everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses.
- Abide by on-site guidelines that are publicized once at event venue, as they may change slightly from what was originally published, based on the local and venue requirements and guidance at time of event.
Based on current contact tracing advice from many health authorities, if you test positive for COVID-19 up to 14 days after returning home, please contact the meeting/event organizers to advise them.
This information should not be considered medical or legal advice and is not intended to supersede applicable governmental regulations and guidance. Due to the fast-evolving nature of COVID-19 science and recommended best practices, the information in this document may become outdated quickly and is subject to change at any time.
I acknowledge that COVID-19 is an extremely contagious virus that spreads easily through person-to-person contact and can lead to severe illness and death. As with any social activity, participation in the IBBA and/or M&A Source (collectively, the “Parties”) Conference could present the risk of contracting COVID-19. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, senior citizens and guests with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable. The Parties can in no way warrant that COVID-19 infection will not occur through participation in the Conference(s) and by attending you voluntarily assume all risks related to COVID-10 exposure; agree to abide by the then-current Conference COVID Code of Conduct issued by the Parties; and you agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Parties from any and all COVID-19 liabilities or claims.
If you need to purchase an additional IBBA Conference Pass or IBBA Course after your initial registration, please use the Registration Change Request Form.
IBBA Conference Cancellation Policy: All conference registration cancellation requests must be made via the Registration Change Request Form. Cancellations received via phone or email will not be accepted. Conference registration cancellation requests submitted on or before September 15, 2021 will be refunded, less a $150 administrative fee. Cancellations received on or before September 30, 2021 will be charged a 50% processing fee. No refunds or credits will be issued for conference registration cancellations received after September 30, 2021. Conference Pass registrations are non-transferable to other people or events.
IBBA Course Cancellation Policy: Course registrations are refundable, less a $50.00 USD processing fee, if the Registration Change Request Form is received on or before September 30, 2021; phone or email cancellations will not be accepted. Course registrations are non-transferable to other people or events. No refunds will be given after September 30, 2021.
M&A Source Conference Cancellation Policy:
In the best interest of our members we have updated our conference cancellation policy to allow for the most flexibility we can offer due to food and beverage guarantees. We hope this will allow you to register with confidence that you can change your plans if needed.
M&A Source Conference Cancellation Policy: Conference registration cancellation requests submitted on or before September 30, 2021 will be fully refunded. Conference registration cancellations received after September 30, 2021 will be charged a 50% processing fee. All cancellation requests for the conference must be made via the Registration Change/Cancellation Request Form. See the M&A Source Conference website for more details. Any joint conference registrations are subject to both the M&A Source and IBBA Cancellation Policies.
M&A Source Course Cancellation Policy: Cancellation requests submitted on or before September 30, 2021 will be fully refunded. Course registration cancellations received after September 30, 2021 will receive a credit toward future M&A Source course attendance, this is applicable for the next two conferences, May and November 2022. If you would like to cancel OR transfer your course registration, please submit the Registration Change/Cancellation Request Form. Transfer requests received after September 30, 2021 will be charged a $50 administrative fee. Please note there will be a $50 late fee if you decide to register for a course while on-site at the conference.